Thursday, January 6, 2011

One more time.

It's been a month since I heard from the DOJ (Department of Justice) about the whereabouts of my sad, lonely missing livescan results. If you remember correctly, Chris and I both submitted three sets AT THE EXACT SAME TIME, but for whatever reason, one of my results dissolved into thin air.

Funny how things happen.

Yesterday, I bit the bullet. Instead of sitting around twiddling my thumbs, waiting to hear back from the DOJ, I went and got my fingerprints rescanned. Creative, I know.

According to the tech, "stuff like this happens all the time," which is unfortunate, since "all institutions and professions with applicants for employment, licensing, or certification have to get a livscan: Security Guards, Teachers, Schools, Realtors, Notaries, CPAs, Stock Brokers, Contractors, Nurses, Doctors, Hospitals, Attorneys, Insurance, Pilots, Pharmacists, Volunteers, Dental Assistants, or Caregivers for children and elderly, including Foster Care and couples hoping to adopt. (I know this information, because that's what the brochure said sitting on her table. I took one as a souvenir.) That seems like it covers a lot of people--- a lot of people who would really like "stuff like that to NOT happen all the time."

She must have sensed my uneasiness about the casualty in her tone of voice. She let me know, "the DOJ and FBI process the fingerprints, and send results back within 48 hours."

I think she forgot my first visit was back in October.

Ha.

Here's to hoping that I'm one of the positive statistics that gets results in a timely manner; not one of the other statistics that happens to get lost all the time.

-----

PS We are still waiting for our background checks to come back from Utah and Hawaii. Same situation there. Just waiting; Christine is all over it, trying to figure out what exactly is going on.

We are so lucky to have her.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm... I'm just hoping this will be one of those times in your life where you think "remember when it felt like we were waiting FOREVER?!!!!" I really think u should have us all call every day and bug the heck out of them until they surrende the stolen prints and background checks:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can do it! if you need a live person to go bang down a door in hawaii, i'll send aaron. I'm not tough looking--he....well....he can be. As tough as white people can get.......

    :)

    ReplyDelete