Thursday, January 6, 2011

And we will be ready.

Starting off this New Year, with no real sense of direction could be some what unnerving; however, I'm actually quite calm about the whole subject, which is so not typical of me. A month or two ago, I realized that our adoption process is out of my hands. I had all these expections and goals that were just not coming to pass; I realized that I could only do so much, and the rest would have to be orchestrated by the Lord


I had to have that Faith.

and let go of the fear.


Since then, I have been blessed to have that urgency in life, lifted off my shoulders. And I truly count it as one of my precious blessings.

I know that we have children (plural) that will come to our family through adoption. I know it. While I have a great plan on where/when that should happen, I know there is a better plan.

So we continue to do all we can to make sure we are ready and willing for when the Lord is ready to bless us.


And we will be ready.

2 comments:

  1. Well said Miss Taylor. I had this same type of impression in church today when we were talking about Elisabeth getting pregnant with John the baptist. It's in the Lord's time... and you will be ready!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been off the blogs a while, so it took me til today to find your visiting comment :) I'm so excited for y'all (yes, I live in Texas, and yes, you have to say "y'all" if you live in Texas. Don't worry, it grows on you)--And so very grateful for adoption. I echo what you said about knowing that there is a spirit that Heavenly Father has in mind for your family--and that spirit WILL find you. It will. It amazes me every time I think about it. My perhaps-still-slightly-racist grandma was visiting this summer when Ella was a new baby, and one night she said, "I know why you haven't been able to get pregnant. It came over me like a wave, that Caleb and Ella needed to come to your family." It brought me tears to hear my grandma say and know something that i know. Amazing.
    P.S. YOUR kids are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete