Friday, January 14, 2011

Rinse. Repeat.

Every week or so, Christine and I have our normal e-mail conversation that goes something like this:

"Hey, it's me again. Have you heard anything new?"

"No. I can't believe it!!"

"Dang."

Rinse. And repeat.

She usually explains to me what she has been up to, trying to figure out what on earth is going on with our MIA background checks, and then I go back to twiddling my thumbs. It's the cool part about "waiting". There's only so much I can do.

Yesterday had some spark! Believe it or not, my finger prints that got scanned last week showed up! That was amazing. I thought it would have taken at least a few more weeks to get back to them. So, that was exciting news. I had smile slapped across my face, until her next e-mail back to me said we have to wait a couple more weeks before we can re-re-re-follow up on the background checks.

Ha! Oh the joy.

DARN YOU, HAWAII AND UTAH. Darn you.

No comments:

Post a Comment