Monday, February 7, 2011

Say what??

Once we decided to adopt, I started scouring different adoption blogs I could find. Chris would always laugh when he would see me reading some blog, and he would ask, "Oh, who are these people," as he would plop down next me. Then, I mumble something along the lines of, "Uh....well... I don't know. I just found them. BUT LOOK!" and then go on to tell their whole life story.

He thought I was totally creepy (well...it is) because I would spend hours reading blogs of people that I had never met; simply to learn about their adoption journey. The whole idea of someone wandering around with their heart on their sleeve, searching for these little spirits that are meant for their family, is just intoxicating. Especially for an adoption novice like myself, that happens to loose sleep about the "how, where, when" aspect of our journey.

IT GIVES ME HOPE.

There are a few blogs that I have actually saved, because I was enamored by them. I am honored that our family is being spot lighted on dear Kenna's blog (after stalking her all these months....ahem). She is an amazing woman who has walked through the valley of the shadow of death. A few times. And she is alive and kicking!! They just recently adopted their FABULOUS little guy after an exhausting search.

I couldn't be happier for them.

And when you are still reading her blog a few hours from now, and your husband rolls his eyes at you because he thinks you are weird to look at a blog of a total stranger, don't say I didn't tell you so.

4 comments:

  1. not creepy!

    we are friends now, so it's legit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the exact same thing for your blog right now. You guys are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to confess, I do that too! I am continually amazed by how many wonderful people are searching for their little ones. I love hearing each special story. It gives me hope as well! Your little family is so beautiful. I just know that your baby will be so blessed to have all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kenna is legit, and anyone that is a friend of Kenna's is a friend of mine. I wondered why your blog looked familiar when I clicked on your twitter link earlier. It is all coming back to me. :)

    ReplyDelete