Friday, November 5, 2010

Couple Interview.

Our case worker is a stallion.
We are "one of those" type of adoption applicants that has sort of flown through the steps, in order to get approved, which is awesome for us, but kind of hectic for our case worker. She has been working like crazy to complete our home study, and get us all approved, etc.
Oh, and she is getting married in TWO WEEKS.

She rocks.

So, our couple interview was today. We also completed our homework hours, and turned those in.
Done. And done.
We have our home visit on Tuesday, and that's it.

Our check list is getting smaller and smaller.

After next week, the last thing on our list is: FIND BABY.

Easy, right?

4 comments:

  1. I didn't know this blog existed until 5 minutes ago. I wish you and Chris the very best of luck in finding your baby. I know this process will be an emotional one for you, but absoulutely worth it. Just last night, I was talking with a girl in my ward who had 2 children and then could not conceive another one for 4 years, so they decided to adopt. Two years ago, her adopted son was born. Her story was so inspiring to me because there is such a bond between her and her son. She has no doubt that he was meant to join her family. Adoption is often such an inspired process. There will be little miracles all along the way. Good luck to you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In case you would like to learn about her journey, this is her blog:

    http://is4everenough.blogspot.com/

    (look back around November 2008)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you to be able to adopt, I hope all continues to go smoothly! My sister Holly has actually adopted 2 children if you want to learn more about it her blog is: http://www.zachhollyd.blogspot.com/

    On the right hand side she has links to adoption sites that might be useful for you and her stories with both adoptions you can find under "Looking for something?" then click "adoption" :)

    I'll continue to keep you in my prayers that you may be able to bring another sweet baby into your family soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm blog stalking...actually just stumbled across your blogs today through my sister's blog. My brother-in-law & his wife just adopted a baby girl. Their oldest child just turned 23, but they really wanted a baby. It was so cool to follow them through their three year journey. I wish you guys the best of luck and love!

    ReplyDelete